MIAMI, FL – APRIL 13: N’Kosi Perry #5 and Jarren Williams #15 of the Miami Hurricanes in action during the annual Spring Game at Nathaniel Traz-Powell Stadium on April 13, 2019 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Mark Brown/Getty Images)The Miami Hurricanes have announced their starting quarterback for the 2019 season. In a surprise twist, it’s not a certain Ohio State transfer.Miami head coach Manny Diaz announced that he would be naming redshirt freshman Jarren Williams as the starter. Williams beat out former Ohio State quarterback Tate Martell and sophomore N’Kosi Perry for the job.Diaz pointed to Williams’ passing ability, instincts and determination in coming to the decision. He added that Martell and Perry will now compete for the backup role.“All three guys showed tremendous improvement and development, which is a credit to their hard work and the work of Dan Enos and his offensive staff,” Diaz said. “We believe we can win with all three guys, however, we feel like Jarren has the greatest upside due to his passing ability, his instincts and his determination.“As we move into preparation for the Florida game we will continue the competition to determine who will serve as the backup quarterback.”Williams is a former four-star prospect who joined the Hurricanes in 2018. Per 247Sports he was the No. 77 overall recruit, the No. 5 dual-threat quarterback, and the No. 10 prospect from Georgia. He appeared in one game for Miami last year, scoring a touchdown on the ground in a win over Savannah State.Congrats to @Jarren2Williams on winning the QB1 job at the 🙌🏽! #TNM https://t.co/FbLfN9Yh6g— Manny Diaz (@Coach_MannyDiaz) August 12, 2019Williams is going to have his work cut out for him in his first college start. He’ll have 12 days to prepare before the Hurricanes head to Orlando for a game against Florida.The announcement is certainly a major blow to Tate Martell. He left Ohio State in the offseason and got a transfer waiver to play in 2019.
New Delhi: The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has filed the case with the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police against the director of the Maharashtra based private firm-Siddheshwar Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd-for obtaining a sanction and release of advance payment of Central Financial Assistance (CFA) of Rs three crores by wrongfully suppressing the fact about the Environmental Impact Assesment (EIA) clearance.Additional Commissioner of Police, Economic Offences Wing, Suvashis Choudhary while confirming the move claimed to investigate the matter. According to police, the Ministry has been implementing a scheme for promotion of Grid Interactive Biomass Power and Bagasse cogeneration projects under which Central Financial Assitance is provided to Biomass power projects and bagasse-based cogeneration projects installed in sugar mills. Also Read – Bangla Sahib Gurudwara bans use of all types of plastic itemsAs per provisions of the scheme proposals for grant of CFA for establishment of bagassse-based cogneration projects by co-operative sector sugar mills will be placed before the Project Advisory Committee (PAC). “Based on its recommendations, 50 percent of eligible upfront Central Financial Assistance will be provided and the balance 50 percent will be released after successful commissioning and performance testing of the project,” police said. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe investigating agency further added that the proposal for Central Financial Assistance for installation of 38 MW (25 MW surplus) by one Santosh J Kumbhar, managing director, under the scheme for promotion of Grid Interactive Biomass Power and Bagasse cogeneration projects during the 12th plan period was forwarded by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) in the prescribed format. “As per provisions of the scheme, the matter was placed before PAC and the 11th PAC in its meeting had recommended the proposal for grant of CFA as per provisions and subject to their obtaining EIA clearance and also fulfilling all the terms and conditions of the scheme to support Biomass Power/Bagasse cogeneration in sugar mills,” the police further said. Police added that on receipt of the letter from National Cooperative Development Corporation requesting to issue performance inspection letter, the file was again examined and it was noticed that in this case the sanction of CFA of Rs 6 crore upfront release of 50 percent amount of CFA amounting to Rs 3 crore was processed by the then director, Biomass and an amount of Rs 3 crore was released vide Ministry’s sanction without obtaining the requisite EIA certificate from the firm. The fact came to notice when the firm was requested to provide the necessary EIA clearance from Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC). “The firm then disclosed that their application for EIA clearance was not agreed to by MoEF&CC. Despite repeated reminders, till now the sugar factory has not refunded the advance of CFA amounting to Rs 3 crores along with accrued interest,” the police said.