MIAMI, FL – APRIL 13: N’Kosi Perry #5 and Jarren Williams #15 of the Miami Hurricanes in action during the annual Spring Game at Nathaniel Traz-Powell Stadium on April 13, 2019 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Mark Brown/Getty Images)The Miami Hurricanes have announced their starting quarterback for the 2019 season. In a surprise twist, it’s not a certain Ohio State transfer.Miami head coach Manny Diaz announced that he would be naming redshirt freshman Jarren Williams as the starter. Williams beat out former Ohio State quarterback Tate Martell and sophomore N’Kosi Perry for the job.Diaz pointed to Williams’ passing ability, instincts and determination in coming to the decision. He added that Martell and Perry will now compete for the backup role.“All three guys showed tremendous improvement and development, which is a credit to their hard work and the work of Dan Enos and his offensive staff,” Diaz said. “We believe we can win with all three guys, however, we feel like Jarren has the greatest upside due to his passing ability, his instincts and his determination.“As we move into preparation for the Florida game we will continue the competition to determine who will serve as the backup quarterback.”Williams is a former four-star prospect who joined the Hurricanes in 2018. Per 247Sports he was the No. 77 overall recruit, the No. 5 dual-threat quarterback, and the No. 10 prospect from Georgia. He appeared in one game for Miami last year, scoring a touchdown on the ground in a win over Savannah State.Congrats to @Jarren2Williams on winning the QB1 job at the 🙌🏽! #TNM https://t.co/FbLfN9Yh6g— Manny Diaz (@Coach_MannyDiaz) August 12, 2019Williams is going to have his work cut out for him in his first college start. He’ll have 12 days to prepare before the Hurricanes head to Orlando for a game against Florida.The announcement is certainly a major blow to Tate Martell. He left Ohio State in the offseason and got a transfer waiver to play in 2019.
In his letter, President Henczel has observed that “the participation and consultation with the observers of the Human Rights Council, including INGOs, is based on arrangements, including Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) resolution 1996/31 of 25 July 1996, and practices observed by the Commission on Human Rights (rule 7 of the Council‘s Rules of Procedure)”. He further notes that “NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC have the right to organize side events”, and that “a large number of such meetings take place in the margins of the session and they do not reflect an official position of the Council”. He said this in response to a protest lodged by the Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to the UN Ambassador Ravinatha Aryasinha last Monday, which was followed up with a meeting on Tuesday. He however adds that “the organizers of side events take full responsibility for the content of their events”.Sri Lanka on Monday lodged a formal protest against the screening of the latest Channel 4 film. In his letter addressed to Ambassador Remigiusz Achilles Henczel, President of the Human Rights Council, Ambassador Aryasinha had obsereved that “Sri Lanka views this film, as well as the timing of its broadcast as part of a cynical, concerted and orchestrated campaign that is strategically driven, and clearly motivated by collateral political considerations”. (Colombo Gazette) The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) has refused to stop the screening of the Channel 4 film “No Fire Zone: The Killing Fields of Sri Lanka” organized by Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and FIFDH to be held at the UN premises in Geneva tomorrow.The President of the UN Human Rights Council Ambassador Remigiusz A. Henczel has however observed that allowing the screening of the video in the premises while the UNHRC is meeting in another room will not reflect an official position of the Council.