Kuyt says Liverpool too strong for Man Utdby Paul Vegas11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool hero Dirk Kuyt says they’ll be too strong for Manchester United.Liverpool travel to United on Sunday to rekindle what is one of the fiercest rivalries in football. “If you look into the Liverpool side now, I think they have a lot of confidence, and they should have because they are a great team,” Feyenoord youth coach Kuyt said.“I think they can win there.“It’s a belief, and you always give everything for the shirt. Play as a team and never give up. That’s what we did at the time.“If you watch the Liverpool team now, they never give up, even in difficult times they’re winning games, they keep winning and hopefully they will do at Old Trafford as well.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
WASHINGTON – The federal government swung to a surplus of $214.3 billion in April, primarily reflecting the revenue from that month’s annual tax filing deadline.The Treasury Department reported Thursday that last month’s surplus increased 17.4 per cent from a year ago. The April surplus reflected both an increase in tax revenue and a decrease in the costs of certain health care and benefit programs that were pulled forward to March.Federal income tax returns were due on April 17. The month usually generates a surplus even if the government is on pace to run a deficit for the entire year. The government collected $314 billion in individual income taxes in April, about $100 billion more than what it received from all its revenue sources in March.For the first half of this budget year, the deficit totalled $385.4 billion. This marked 12 per cent jump from the same period last year, an increase largely driven by the tax cuts that President Donald Trump signed into law. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the budget deficit this year will total $804 billion, a $140 billion increase from last year. The yearly budget deficit is projected to approach $1 trillion in 2019 and remain above that threshold for the foreseeable future.
“In addition to creating this small educational wetland for the school, BCWF is also educating First Nations communities through a series of wetland workshops, increasing wetland stewardship in our region,” says FWCP’s Peace Region Manager, Chelsea Coady.This project was approved by the FWCP Peace Region Board and aligns with the region’s Action Plans, which identify priorities and projects eligible for FWCP funding.The FWCP is a partnership between BC Hydro, the Province of B.C., Fisheries & Oceans Canada, First Nations, and Public Stakeholders to conserve and enhance fish and wildlife in watersheds impacted by existing BC Hydro dams.BC Hydro funds the FWCP annually in order to fulfill its applicable water licence obligations, and the FWCP directs those funds toward priority actions to fulfill its mission.In total across British Columbia FWCP has approved 97 projects in 2019—2020 to be delivered First Nations, consultants, government organizations and stewardship groups.To view more about the Fish and Wildlife Compensation Program; CLICK HERE PEACE REGION, B.C. – A small wetland project at Morfee Elementary School in Mackenzie has received funding from the Fish & Wildlife Compensation Program (FWCP).In the Peace Region during 2019—2020 the FWCP has funded 26 projects totalling approximately $1.5 million.The goal of the school project is to create a natural functioning wetland to support waterfowl, bats, amphibians, songbirds and invertebrates led by the British Columbia Wildlife Federation (BCWF), this outdoor space will also serve as an outdoor classroom for students to learn about nature, science, and art.
Los Angeles: US actress Lori Loughlin appeared in federal court in downtown Los Angeles in connection with a massive college admissions scam involving other celebrities and top industry CEOs. Bail for the “Full House” star was set at USD 1 million, the same amount as for her husband, designer Mossimo Giannulli, who has also been charged in the case. The couple, who are to appear in federal court in Boston on March 29, allegedly paid USD 500,000 in bribes to ensure their two daughters were recruited to the University of Southern California rowing team even though the pair did not participate in crew. Also Read – Imran Khan arrives in China, to meet Prez Xi JinpingLoughlin, 54, surrendered to FBI agents early Wednesday after returning from Vancouver, where she was filming. Judge Steve Kim told the star in setting her bail that she would still be allowed to travel for work as long as the court was made aware of her plans. The couple were among 50 people indicted on Tuesday in a scam to help children of the American elite gain entry into top US colleges. “Desperate Housewives” star Felicity Huffman, who has also been implicated in the scandal, was arrested by FBI agents at her home on Tuesday and later released on bail. Also Read – US blacklists 28 Chinese entities over abuses in XinjiangThe 56-year-old actress and her husband William H Macy, the star of Showtime’s hit series “Shameless,” allegedly paid USD 15,000 for their eldest daughter to perform well on a college entrance exam. Macy was mentioned in the case but has not been charged. The ringleader behind the scam, William “Rick” Singer, who authorities say was paid about USD 25 million dollars to bribe coaches and university administrators, has pleaded guilty and is cooperating with authorities. Some of the universities targeted in the elaborate cheating scam include Yale, Stanford, UCLA and Georgetown. None of the schools or the students has been charged in the case. According to prosecutors, the accused parents paid a firm run by Singer as much as USD 6 million to cheat on college entrance exams for their children or to bribe coaches to help non-athletic students get scholarships. Others ensnared in the scandal include Gordon Caplan, co-chairman of New York law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher, who allegedly paid USD 75,000 to have his daughter’s test grades fixed. Also charged is William McGlashan, an executive at the investment group TPG Capital who specialized in technology investments. He allegedly paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to ensure his son got into the University of Southern California as a student athlete. The scandal has lit up social media, with many poking fun and expressing anger at the wealthy parents indicted notably Loughlin and Huffman as well as their children. “CAPTION THIS: ‘It’s ok honey. We’ll get you in a college close to your mom’s prison so you can visit,” one Twitter user said in response to a picture Huffman had posted on Sunday of her daughter sitting on Macy’s lap and hugging him. Ben Dreyfuss, the son of veteran actor Richard Dreyfuss, quipped: “I got into college the old fashioned way: by letting my father’s celebrity speak for itself.” Another Twitter user said: “So what I’ve learned from #CollegeCheatingScandal is that rich kids are so stupid that they can’t get into colleges without cheating.” Olivia Jade Giannulli, one of Loughlin’s daughters, disabled comments on her Instagram posts on Wednesday after some of her 1.3 million followers lashed out against her. “Please do a video for how you prepared for the SATs,” read one comment. Another berated the young woman, who posted a video blog last year in which she said she didn’t care about school, for stealing a college spot from “another deserving student (who probably actually rows!!)…”
Gurugram: The failure of public agencies in the city to meet its deadline of revamping the city roads ultimately compelled the policemen to go beyond their call of duty and fill up the potholes. Two traffic policemen went the extra mile to ease vehicular flow at Agrasen Chowk, one of the busiest intersections in Old Gurugram, on Thursday. With MCG delaying repair work, they plugged potholes in the area to ease jams and reduce the risk of accidents. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderZonal officer of traffic police, ASI Yaduveer and constable Ajay, arranged cement, concrete and other items and dirtied their hands to finish the pending work. The activity, which is not part of their job, was lauded by commuters. Many of them clicked pictures and some offered financial help which the cops declined. Agrasen Chowk, located next to Sadar Bazaar, witnesses heavy traffic coming from the Old Railway Road and moving towards Rajiv Chowk. The potholes were slowing down vehicular movement, leading to snarls of a kilometre or more. Earlier, Yaduveer had requested junior engineers of both SDO and MCG to plug the potholes but to no avail. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsOn Wednesday, a biker met with an accident due to the potholes and was injured. “On Thursday, after coming to work I first arranged cement, concrete and other items. Then, we started plugging the potholes,” Yaduveer said, adding traffic movement was diverted for some time owing to work. On Wednesday, police commissioner Muhammad Akil held a meeting with traffic police, directing them to take steps at their level, if required, to improve the traffic situation. A senior police officer said that it was appreciable that cops went beyond their official duties to resolve such problems but “the civic agency should have filled the pothole”. “During monsoon, police ensured the city kept moving. Now, they are taking steps to resolve jams,” Rajeev Yadav, a resident of Sector 4, said, adding it exposed the inefficiency of government agencies.
OSU redshirt sophomore center David Bell (10) finds himself surrounded by three Walsh defenders during the Buckeye’s exhibition match-up on Nov. 6. The Buckeyes won 85-67. Credit: Alexa Mavrogianis | Photo EditorOhio State redshirt sophomore David Bell will transfer from Ohio State after three seasons with the program, a source close to the team confirmed to The Lantern. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.Bell was often the third center off the bench when former OSU center Trevor Thompson and now-sophomore Micah Potter were in foul trouble.The Cleveland native from Garfield Heights High School was a member of the 2014 recruiting class. He redshirted as a true freshman and averaged 5.5 minutes in 2015 and 6.1 this past season. Bell played in just 38 games the last two seasons, scoring 1.2 points and grabbing 1.6 rebounds per game.Bell joins Thompson as the two players to leave the OSU program this offseason.
The former footballer says Pep Guardiola’s team has everything to be crowned champions once again of the English Premier LeagueSpeaking to the Premier League’s official website, and reported by The Sport Bible, legendary footballer Paul Scholes believes Manchester City will win again.According to the former player, Pep Guardiola’s club will be crowned kings of the 2018-2019 season.“I think Manchester City will win the Premier League again,” he told the EPL.Solskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.“They won the league by a distance last year and they look just as good as ever when I saw them the other day. So I expect City to win the league.”“We don’t know what Chelsea are going to be like, we don’t know what Arsenal are going to be like with their new coaches,” he added.“But I’d go for City to win the league, Liverpool second, Manchester United third and I’ll go for Tottenham fourth.”
Real Madrid defender Nacho admitted that he would take back Cristiano Ronaldo in a heartbeat following their recent strugglesThe loss of their all-time record goalscorer is having a telling effect on Real this season with the club having failed to find the net in their last four matches, three of which they lost.But Nacho, who earlier this week defended under-fire boss Julen Loptegui, insists that Real cannot dwell on the loss of Ronaldo and must look forward.“It is a difficult subject for us. I’ve said it several times. If it were up to us we would love to have Cristiano in the squad because we had him for many years and he is a player who makes a difference,” Nacho told Goal.“But it is a situation where we cannot feel sorry for ourselves because of Cristiano. He chose to leave.“We are grateful for everything he did for us and we wish him the best of luck. But we cannot feel sorry for someone who is no longer with us. It isn’t our fault he left, nor was it up to us to make him stay.“I hope he has the best of luck and we have to work through the present and future in the best way we can with what we have.”Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.Finding someone to replace a five-time Ballon d’Or winner, who provided over 40 goals a season, was beyond Lopetegui in the summer.But Nacho is certain that the current squad have the required level of talent to succeed.“Well, Cristiano left and the club decided not to sign anybody. We have a lot of faith in the players we have,” he added.“You win titles with the players you have in the squad. To start with, when we were winning everything looked rosy and now it doesn’t.“But we have to keep our cool in this sport, and save our analysis for when the season finishes. But we have a lot of confidence in the players we have.”Real will next face Levante in La Liga on October 20 at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Diego Simeone hailed Atletico Madrid’s tenacious display in their 2-0 win against Real Sociedad.Goals from Diego Godin and Filipe Luis ensured victory for Atletico, just three days after their 4-0 drubbing by Borussia Dortmund, although Costa’s goal drought in La Liga stretched to nine months.“We always have the responsibility and need to compete well in every game,” Simeone told Football Espana after the game.“We had a good game in Dortmund, beyond the bad result we took back. We’ve responded very well after three days.“We made almost no changes because I saw the players in a good way and it was difficult to for outsiders to come in.La Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…“I really liked the continuity we played with, as well as our heads and the sense of rebellion in our play.“Costa’s working hard to get back among the goals. He’s extraordinary and a very important player for us.“If he plays like did today, he’ll be very close to scoring. This is the way forward for him, there’s no other.”The Coach later gave his verdict on the with his side ahead of Barcelona in the table.“I care a lot about what happened today, although tomorrow will be a great match between two extraordinary teams and two sets of very good players,” he concluded.
WILMINGTON, MA — A bill named in honor of Wilmington fallen hero Sean Collier is making its way through the U.S. House of Representatives.If passed, the Officer Sean Collier Campus Police Recognition Act would allow the families of police officers — employed at PRIVATE colleges and universities — that are killed in the line of duty to receive death benefits from the federal government.Currently, only the families of sworn law enforcement officers at PUBLIC colleges and universities are eligible for these benefits.“Officer Sean Collier was shot and killed while on duty on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in April 2013 by the Boston Marathon Bombers,” reads a statement from the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators. “Because MIT is a private, non-profit institution of higher education, his family is not eligible for [Public Safety Officer Benefits] assistance. Had Officer Collier been employed by a public college or university, his family would have been eligible for assistance. In fact, had an officer with the city police department been killed alongside Officer Collier, the city officer’s family would have received [Public Safety Officer Benefits] assistance.”According to the Association, since 1923, 46 university police officers have been killed in the line of duty — 34 at public institutions eligible to receive the death benefit and 12 private institutions not eligible to receive the death benefit.“Congress passed the Public Safety Officers Benefit Act to provide peace of mind to aspiring police officers by assuring them that their families would be cared for in the event they gave their life in service to others,” according to the statement. “As a matter of basic fairness, this peace of mind should be given to all sworn law enforcement officers regardless of which agency employs them.”The Officer Sean Collier Campus Police Recognition Act of 2019 (H.R. 816) has bipartisan support in the U.S. House of Representatives. The bill, sponsored by Peter King (R-New York), already has 15 co-sponsors, including Massachusetts representatives Seth Moulton, Richard Neal, Stephen Lynch, Bill Keating, Joe Kennedy, Katherine Clark, James McGovern, and Lori Trahan.The bill was introduced in the House on January 28, 2019. It was immediately referred to the Judiciary Committee. On March 25, 2019, the bill was referred to Judiciary’s Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSenator Markey Honors Sean Collier with Introduction of Bipartisan Equity in Law Enforcement ActIn “Government”Sean Collier Bill Re-Introduced In CongressIn “Government”5th Annual Sean Collier Cornhole Tournament Set For September 17In “5 Things To Do Today”