Following the successful hosting and securing of the 2015 Touch World Cup mid last year, Touch Football Australia today confirmed an historic partnership with Japan Touch Association (JTA). The agreement (MoU) demonstrates the strong desire and commitment of the worldâ€™s leading Touch Football nation to help facilitate growth of the game internationally and build further on the great relationship between both countries. The key elements of the five-year agreement focus on improving Japanâ€™s competitive standard of international competition through coaching support and athlete improvement and participation at events.Touch Football Australia CEO, Colm Maguire was in Japan last week with an Australian touring party of High Performance representatives, signing off on the MoU together with JTA Chairman, Shusaku Kuchimoto, and officials in Tokyo. â€œWe are delighted to be in a position to partner with and form a long-standing agreement with Japan Touch Association and help shore up their future on the international stage,â€ he said.â€œThe agreement provides a robust pathway for their growth and competitiveness against international teams in future years and enshrines our commitment to support them in their quest for excellence and improvement,â€ Maguire added.â€œThe overall objective of the MoU is to assist the overall High Performance and development objectives of the JTA by facilitating overall access to TFA resources both human and material: these are inclusive of coaching support which we have thoroughly enjoyed through our current visit and participation in international and domestic events.â€œTo this end, this will see Japanese teams joining the 2016 Trans Tasman Series event in Auckland (April) for the first time and expanding their presence in future yearsâ€™ instalment of the Trans Tasman and other events.â€By extension, Australian Menâ€™s Open captain, Steve Roberts, fresh from his Touch World Cup success and who was also in Japan conducting coaching clinics alongside TFA High Performance Manager, Wayne Grant, has been confirmed as head coach of the Japanese teams, effective from the 2016 Trans Tasman event. Maguire went on to say the agreement is part of the ongoing commitment by both Touch Football Australia and Touch New Zealand to open the doors to the world to participate more often against the two best nations in the world. â€œNotwithstanding the level of competition but our events are also the best in the world and buoyed by the overwhelmingly positive feedback from the 2015 Touch World Cup and the mounting desire to participate in our events, we will further expand into 2017,â€ Maguire said. â€œThis will include the facilitation of entry of Japan and other nations around the world to join the 2017 Trans Tasman event in Open and Senior divisions.â€œOur key partners at Touch New Zealand are equally excited to extend the invitation for Japan to compete and significantly open up their development and exposure opportunities.â€ Related Files160125_tfa_and_jta_mou_media_release_v1_0-pdfRelated LinksTFA/JTA Agreement
OSU redshirt sophomore center David Bell (10) finds himself surrounded by three Walsh defenders during the Buckeye’s exhibition match-up on Nov. 6. The Buckeyes won 85-67. Credit: Alexa Mavrogianis | Photo EditorOhio State redshirt sophomore David Bell will transfer from Ohio State after three seasons with the program, a source close to the team confirmed to The Lantern. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.Bell was often the third center off the bench when former OSU center Trevor Thompson and now-sophomore Micah Potter were in foul trouble.The Cleveland native from Garfield Heights High School was a member of the 2014 recruiting class. He redshirted as a true freshman and averaged 5.5 minutes in 2015 and 6.1 this past season. Bell played in just 38 games the last two seasons, scoring 1.2 points and grabbing 1.6 rebounds per game.Bell joins Thompson as the two players to leave the OSU program this offseason.
At the start of this month, former owner of AC Milan Li Yonghong couldn’t complete the payment which was part of the €300 million debt owed to Elliott Management who now has taken control of AC Milan.As the club rejoices over the revoke of UEFA ban, Yonghong is out to fight for the ownership of the club as he claims he made a mistake, stating that he will safeguard his rights and give assurances to the club’s stakeholders.In a letter to Il Sole 24, quoted in FourFourTwo, Li Yonghong said:“I made a mistake and only discovered it to my great detriment during my tenure. Elliott showed itself from the start to not be the partner I imagined but rather a lender totally disinterested in the complex management of a club of Milan’s standing, despite its control of the team’s board.Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….“All this happened despite repeated declarations from the fund regarding its alleged support for the club.“During my time as president, I would like to remind all of you that I have never failed in my commitments and for this, I have proof of over €200m invested by me in the team under my ownership.“I am ready to fight and I will do it to safeguard my rights and give assurances to the AC Milan shareholders, whom my beloved club deserve.“Any deliberate and intentional manoeuvres to reduce the value of AC Milan will be prosecuted by law. Thank you for your hospitality and attention.”
Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane has backed Liverpool to sustain their Premier League title challenge to the very end of the season.Liverpool are top the Premier League table after their impressive 3-1 home win against rivals Manchester United on Sunday.Keane believes the winning mentality and confidence in Jurgen Klopp’s side can take them all the way this season.“Can they maintain it? Without a shadow of a doubt,” Keane told Sky Sports.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“They have the squad, they all seem onside – when you win football matches you get that momentum, confidence. Unless they have a disaster with injuries to their attacking players, they’ll be in the mix.“We’ve thought with Liverpool over the last few years, yes, they’re nice to watch but are they really going to be good enough to win the big prizes?“I think the signing of Virgil van Dijk was massive. I know the goalkeeper made a mistake but he’ll be a massive player for Liverpool and if they stay injury-free with the attacking players, there are trophies on the way to Anfield, without a shadow of a doubt.”
The Brazilian youngster has signed with Italian Lega Serie A club AC Milan and he was presented to the media today.Brazilian footballer Lucas Paqueta has left Flamengo in his native country to join Italian Lega Serie A side AC Milan.“I feel great. I’m happy and I already feel very involved. I want to thank everyone for the faith that has been placed in me and I hope to repay this out on the pitch,” he explained on the club’s official website.“Milan are a great team with a decorated history. They’ve won it all. Receiving the call from Leonardo was important.”Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….“He presented the project to me and, together with my family, we said yes to AC Milan because it was the best choice,” he added.“I’m a technical player and one that’s always looking to understand how the game changes. I’m an attacking player, I have a good physique and I like to put myself about, with and without the ball, while also creating play and looking to score.”“I chose No.39 because it was my first number at Flamengo. I hope it can bring me luck here at AC Milan,” he explained.“I prefer to play in midfield but I’ve also played further forward. I am at the Coach’s disposal and I’m here to give my all”.
Listen at WEAA Live Stream: http://amber.streamguys.com.4020/live.m3u From 5-7 P.MA fullhour of The Mod Squad, Stephen Janis and Taya Graham of The Real News Network, reporting on law enforcement and politics, including thoughts on the looming consent decree between the DOJ and Baltimore for sweeping reforms of the Baltimore City Police Department and their recent conversation with Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis. These stories and much more on AFRO’s First Edition with Sean Yoes .
The Public Service Broadcasting Trust (PSBT), which has carved out a niche for itself in over a decade in making non-commercial documentaries on pressing issues involving women, is all set to host its 13th international film festival beginning here 11 Sept.Slated to last till 21 Sept, the PSBT film festival, aptly rechristened Open Frame International Film Festival will be held at the IIC here with an active collaboration by the latter in conducting it. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’The festival accords the Delhi denizens a rare opportunity to watch the PSBT’s documentaries which earlier have been shown and applauded in festivals in the world over at places ranging from Oberhausean to Estonia and from Kerala to New York.Films slated to be screened ‘focus on the narratives of and by the women, foregrounding their experiences and embodying a wide range of issues that require their critical examination,’ say organisers. Credited with making over 540 independent films and screening them in 660 global film festivals, winning 170 awards, including 37 National Awards, besides wide-ranging critical acclaim. The films address, examine, present and celebrate woman’s lives, struggle, solidarities and movements. Film lovers don’t miss this one. pti
Kolkata: Rains accompanied by thunderstorms lashed the city and South Bengal districts on Tuesday evening throwing normal life out of gear.According to report, two persons including a woman were killed in two separate incidents in North 24-Parganas’ Shyamnagar. It was learnt that the victim woman identified as Maya Roy was passing through Atapur area when a wall collapsed and fell on her. Roy was a local resident, police said. She succumbed to her injuries in a hospital. While in the other incident, a 52-year-old Bhaskar Thakur died after being struck by lightning. He was working in a field at Natunpara in Shyamnagar when the incident occurred. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsHe was declared brought dead after being taken to Barrackpore BN Bose Hospital on Tuesday afternoon.A thundershower accompanied by a strong wind hit the city and the districts like North 24-Parganas, Howrah, Hooghly, Nadia, East Burdwan and West Midnapore disrupting the normal life. People faced inconvenience due to incessant rainfall in the afternoon. Train services were also affected in Sealdah and Howrah division. Some trains were delayed due to increment weather conditions. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Merc, 2 B’deshi bystanders killedThe rain, however, brought relief to the people suffering from hot and humid condition prevailing in the state. The regional meteorological centre at Alipore had predicted that there was a possibility of rains and thundershowers towards the evening. A strong moisture-laden South-Westerly wind would be blowing in the area, creating favourable condition for a storm. A strong wind was blowing at 40-50 km per hour in some parts of the city as well as in districts of South Bengal. The rain has brought the temperature down by a few notches. The city dwellers are, however, facing a sultry weather, especially during the day time. The regional Meteorological centre at Alipore predicted that the city and its adjoining districts may witness thunderstorms in the evenings in the next few days. Slow traffic movement was reported in some parts of the city following the rain. The districts that have received the maximum rainfall are North 24-Parganas, Howrah, Hooghly while various parts of Nadia, Murshidabad and Birbhum also witnessed thunderstorms.According to the weather office, there are predictions of wind measuring around 50-60 km per hour that might sweep through various districts in North Bengal in the next few days. Wind measuring around 60-70 km per hour may also sweep through some of the South Bengal districts, along with moderate rainfall, the weather office predicted.
Sony has announced two new 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) series of televisions at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.The new flagship XBR-A1E Bravia OLED and XBR-X930E/X940E series TVs are designed to deliver wider brightness range, higher contrast and better picture quality.Both lines of TV will be powered by Sony’s 4K HDR processor, X1 Extreme, and will be available with screen sizes ranging from 55 inches to 77 inches.“Sony continues to make consumer choice a priority especially for those seeking the very best viewing experience, and we are proud to introduce our new XBR-A1E Bravia OLED series,” said Mike Fasulo, president and COO of Sony Electronics.“Sony delivers incredible innovation and excitement to customers with all of our premium 4K HDR TVs through a powerful mix of technology and our exclusive image processing.”Pricing and launch date for the new TVs are yet to be revealed.